SpokaneTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in Spokane and surrounding communities. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to our positivity-loving followers.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things you’re interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some of our writers craft more than 10 articles per month, others write just one – and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time, availability and interests.
- Skills to create well-written, error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing feature business articles on specific topics
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Ability to take quality visually appealing photographs during interviews to submit with articles
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Fluent usage of basic technology – email, word processing, internet
- A sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
Include 200 words about why you love your community.