Submitted by Washington State Department of Transportation
Travelers using both directions of Interstate 90 and Harvard Road over Interstate 90 in Liberty Lake are encouraged to plan additional travel time to prevent delays.
Crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation will be closing I-90 nightly to remove the bridge barrier and part of the bridge deck to prepare the overpass for widening.
Nightly closures of I-90
- Eastbound closure Monday, March 8, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., Tuesday
- Westbound closure Tuesday, March 10, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., Wednesday
- Westbound closure Wednesday, March 10, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., Thursday
- Westbound closure Thursday, March 11, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., Friday
- Westbound closure Friday, March 12, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., Saturday
Nightly shoulder and single lane closure of Harvard Road
- Monday, March 8 through Friday, March 12, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Ahead of the nightly closures, crews will be implementing single lane closures of I-90 beginning at 7 p.m. and continuing up to the full closure of I-90 which will begin at 9 p.m. During the single lane and night closures, crews will begin removing portions of the bridge deck over I-90 along with the railing barrier. The work is necessary to begin widening Harvard Road over I-90.
A detour will be provided for both the eastbound and westbound I-90 closures. Drivers traveling eastbound I-90 will take the Harvard Road/Liberty Lake interchange and head east on Appleway Avenue to the State Line interchange to rejoin I-90. During the westbound closure crews will exit I-90 at the Harvard Road/Liberty Lake interchange, drive through the roundabout, and rejoin I-90 using the on-ramp.
Also happening will be a legal speed limit reduction of 70 mph to 60 mph on I-90 from MP 295.70 to MP 296.24 within the project limits. The daytime lane closures to restripe Harvard Road over I-90 are weather-dependent.
The closures are part of the I-90 Barker to Harvard projects which include the widening of the Harvard Road overpass.